Latest Web Design Trends 2019
One of the keys to having a successful website is staying on top of the latest web design trends. In today’s fast paced culture, and what was trendy even a month ago can become ancient history in the blink of an eye. To keep your website constantly fresh and stylish, you must be able to discern between a fad that will soon blow over and an industry trend that is here to stay when designing your website. You need to be confident that your website will be stylish for the next couple of years.
In order to give you some top-notch website design ideas, we will give you a sneak peek to where the industry is headed in 2019, but first, let’s take a look at some of the trends of 2018.
Web Design Trends of 2018
If you would like a trendy website in 2018 here are trends to help you get there:
- A responsive design – Even though users have been expecting a responsive design for quite some time now, their demands and requirements keep increasing. They are looking for a modern web design that is specifically oriented towards them and their needs and if your website does not provide them with this, they will find someone who will.
- Chatbots – While all the pop-up dialogue boxes that appear when you land on a web page might seem annoying at first, it is actually a trend that we saw in 2018. Basically, users want their questions to be answered right away, instead of taking the time to dial a number and talk to support and they expect this type of service 24/7. Any custom web design and development services provider can help you launch a chatbot that at least answers the user’s frequently asked questions.
- Animation – Your website does not have to be static just because autoplay videos are no longer popular. Try adding some simple images in order to rejuvenate your website. Basically, what you want to do is attract the user’s attention, but you do not want to distract them from absorbing the information you would like them to see.
- Micro-interactions – All pages have some sort of artwork, pictures, icons etc. Your webpage might even have artwork custom designed by a famous artist. Still, it is just a static image. Now imagine a picture that responds to user actions on a webpage. This is the sort of personalized experience you are giving to each user who visits your webpage.
- Original artwork – One of the trends in website design now is to have some original illustrations on your website. While you can find a quality stock photo to fulfill your illustration needs, your website will still lack personality. Even though this may come at a cost, having original artwork on your page can drastically change your website for the better and provide the user with a unique experience.
Web Design Trends of 2019
Now that we know the trends of 2018, let’s take a look at the trends in website design that we will see in the coming year.
- Speed – We all know that you only have one chance to make a good first impression, but, when interacting with customers online, try doing it in three seconds or less. If your site takes longer than this to load, the user will not stay around, even you have the most creative and beautiful website. Also, it is important to keep in mind that as of July 2018, Google gives more favorable ratings to websites with faster load times and you expect another search to do the same next year.
- Flat Design – Nowadays it is all about speed. The users want a website that will load instantly especially if they are accessing your site from a mobile device. The more the better may not work in this situation since it will take a longer time to load and the user will not stick around to browse through your site. Many designers have taken a page from Google’s playbook an offer what has become known as a flat design, which is very minimalistic and gives users tunnel vision i.e. it focuses them on the information for which they came to your website in the first place.
- Mobile first – The amount of mobile users has been growing each year and now we have reached a point where there are more mobile users than desktop users. What implications does this have for your website? Previously you made a desktop version of your site than a mobile version. Now, it is the opposite. You will need to make an intuitive mobile version and then launch a desktop one.
- Asymmetrical layouts – This is one of the newest web trends that is really outside the box. For many decades, designers have used grids to maintain alignment on everything from newspapers to web page layouts. Remember, the goal is to make a lasting impression in the user’s mind while keeping them focused on the information contained on the web page. This is an interesting method that accomplishes both.
- Shapes – If you are looking for something in between the layout mentioned above and the flat layout, the newest website technology trend of geometric shapes may be just the thing for you. This refers to the same shapes that you learned about back in elementary school. It is a good middle turf in between two extremes. If you are not comfortable making such a radical leap, go for the geometric design and then test the results. If you see user engagement increasing, then consider opting for the asymmetrical design down the road.
Once again, it is important to remember that the industry changes as trends evolve. By keeping an eye out for the latest trends will allow you to maintain a stylish and fresh website which, in turn, will lead to conversions. In 2019, do not be afraid to experiment and think outside the box, because what we have seen from some of the trends above, it is possible to make an impression on the user, without completely distracting them from the reason why they visited your website in the first place.